Institutional Distinctiveness 2018-19
G.H.G Harparkash College of Education for Women, Sidhwan Khurd, Ludhiana is a Rural Teacher Education Institution working since 1955 in the field of women education.
The institution distinctiveness features are :
1. Personality Development Program is organized for B.Ed students to train them 'How to Communicate with others' and improve their communication skills through various modules.
2. Eco Friendly and Green practices are the regular features of the institution:-
(a) Functional Vermi compost Unit.
(b) 'Save Mother Earth' four Annual Seminar to create awareness regarding soil preservation and waste water management is a regular feature of the institution. Every year our college participates in Flower shows organized by M.S. Randhawa. Flower show organized by Department of Floriculture & Landscaping Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana and Gurudwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Sarabha Nagar, Ludhiana and wins many prizes in various categories of flowers.
3. All faculty are highly qualified and college provides opportunities for their professional growth by giving financial incentives for this purpose.
4. Financial assistance and scholarships are provided to high-achievers and needy students. Founders day Memorial Scholarship provided to toppers of M.Ed. and B.Ed. classes in the field of academic, sports and religion. One student has been awarded 'Student of the Year' scholarship.
5. The college provides coaching facility for B.Ed. Entrance Test and CTET and PSTET to all M.Ed. and B.Ed. students free of cost.
6. Remedial Teaching is provided to the slow bloomers and subject wise expert teachers are appointed to take their classes after taking home examination. For this purpose, schedule is prepared according to college calendar.
7. Career guidance and Counseling is provided to school and college students by the faculty members. For this purpose, Dr. Manjeet Kaur, Dr. Sarvjeet Kaur and Dr. Gurwinder Singh visited Sikh Girls Sen. Sec. School, Sidhwan Khurd, Ludhiana,GHG Public Sen. Sec. School, Sidhwan Khurd, Khalsa College for Women, Sidhwan Khurd, Govt. Sen. Sec. School, Sohian, Govt. Sen. Sec. School, Sidhwan Kalan delivered extension lectures to guide the students to choose different Higher Educational and vocational courses all to their capability and interest.
Institutional Distinctiveness 2017-18
G.H.G Harparkash College of Education for Women, Sidhwan Khurd, Ludhiana is Rural Teacher Education Institution serving in the field of women education since 1955. This is a reputed institution affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh with these distinctive features:-
1. All regular Faculty members are Doctorate in Education.
2. This college is member of 'INFLIBNET N-LIST' Program to access to resources.
3. Eco-friendly and green practices are regular feature of our institution:-
(a) Functional Vermicompost Unit.
(b) 'Save Mother Earth' Annual Seminar to create environmental awareness.
(c) Every year our College participates in Flower Shows organized by Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana and Gurudwara Shri Guru Singh Sabha, Ludhiana and wins number of prizes.
4. 'Founders' day Memorial scholarship provides to topper M.Ed and B.Ed students in the field of Academics, Sports and Religion. One student has been awarded 'Student of the Year' scholarship.
5. The college provides 'Book Bank' Facility to meritorious and needy students. 28 students availed this facility and benefited students get books from Book Bank for the whole session.
22/03/2018 - Anti-Drug Awareness Rally was organized.
22/05/2018 - Visit to Bal Ghar (Orphanage) Talwandi Khurd was organized.
07/04/2019 - Educational Trip was organized to Shri Anandpur Sahib and Naina Devi